Debra loves sharing Ayurveda with the public. She invites requests for speaking engagements, interviews, workshops and writing assignments:
Ayurvedic Medicine - Any and all Topics
Debra taught the entire academic and clinical curriculum for the California College of Ayurveda for several years. Her students included physicians, nurses, psychologists, acupuncturists, scientists, massage therapists, lawyers, etc.
Health and Wellness:
- Past topics:
- 8 Steps to Optimal Digestion
- Herbs for the Immune System
- 10 Important Herbs for Health
- Aromatherapy for the Mind and Emotions
- The Art of Ghee
- Body Type Determination
- Tools for Stress Management
- The Importance of Your Kitchen Pharmacy
- Beating the Depression Blues Naturally
- Tips for a Restful Sleep
- Herbs for Women
- Reflections of Well-Being: Healthy Skin and Beauty
- Enhancing Your Energy
- Management of Perimenopause and Menopause
- Foods for Your Body Type
- Holistic Support for Allergies and Asthma
- Deepening Your Meditation and Relaxation
- Natural Menopause Management
- Herbal Medicine Program
- A Journey through the 5 Senses
*Please note that other topics can easily be developed
- Speaking Venues
- UCSF Integrative Medicine Forum
- UCSF Nurse Practitioner Elective
- SF State University Eastern Medicine Class
- SF State University Senior Health Class
- City College of San Francisco, Holistic Health Practices class
- City College of San Francisco, Lecture Series
- Berkeley Polarity Institute
- Dominican University Holistic Nursing Class
- Organization of Women Architects
- CalFed Business and Professional Women
- New Living Expo
- Sequoia's Senior Health Series
- South Asian Health Forum
- Marin Association for Senior Strength Trainers
- Women's School of Healing Arts and Sciences
- The Body Shop-Corporate Meeting
- Scarlet Sage Herb Company classes
- Elephant Pharmacy Lecture Series
- Northern California Women's Herbal Symposium
- California Institute of Integral Studies - Integrative Medicine Class
- Urban Flow Yoga (Rusty Wells) Ayurveda Foundations for Yoga Teacher Training
- Panel Discussion: Osteoporosis Awareness & Prevention, Elephant Pharmacy
- Moderator, Stanford FM Radio Program (2 hours) on Ayurvedic Medicine Herbal Highway radio show (one hour) KPFA (guest on 2 occasions)
- Herbal Highway radio show (one hour) KPFA (guest on 2 occasions)
- Panel Discussion: UCSF Integrative Medicine Forum, Fibromyalgia
- 3 Day Retreat, Ancient Wisdom, Gifts for Wholeness with Dawn Summers
- California Institute of Integral Studies - Panel Case Presentation
Scientific Abstracts and Papers
D. Loge (Riordan), D. Cox, B. Greenberg, G. Krishnamurthy, B. Massie, University of California, San Francisco, CA and University of Oregon, Portland, OR: Inter-institution Variability in Ejection Fraction and Volume Determination. J. Nuclear Medicine Technology 12, No. 2, 1984.
Loge (Riordan), D., Inouye I., Rothenberg D., Tubau J., Massie B.: Measurements of Diastolic Function in Heart Disease: A Comparison of Methods. NNMT 11, No. 2, 1983.
Kramer B., Massie B., Loge (Riordan) D., Cheitlin M., Greenberg B., Bristow J.D., Byrd R., Topic N.: Hemodynamic Correlates of the Exercise Ejection Fraction in Asymptomatic Aortic Regurgitation. Circulation 68 (Suppl. III): 298, 1983.
Inouye I., Massie B., Loge (Riordan) D., Topic N., Silverstein D., Simpson P.: Early Scintigraphic Detection of Diastolic Dysfunction in Hypertension. J. Amer Coll Cardiol 1: 598, 1983.
I. Inouye, B. Massie, D. Loge (Riordan), N. Topic, D. Silverstein, P. Simpson, and J. Tubau: Abnormal Left Ventricular Filling: An Early Finding in Mild to Moderate Systemic Hypertension. Amer. J. Cardiology 53, No. 1, 1984.
Kramer B., Massie B., Greenberg B., Loge (Riordan) D., Topic N.: Abnormal Ventricular Function Responses to Exercise in Asymptomatic Aortic Regurgitation: A Nuclear-Hemodynamic correlative study. Clin Res. 31:197A, 1983.
Inouye IK., Massie MB., Loge (Riordan) DL., Simpson P., Tubau J.: Short Term Anti-Hypertensive and Calcium Blocker Therapy Do not Reverse Diastolic Dysfunction in Hypertension. Circulation 68 (Suppl III); 224 1983.
Vandenbossche JL., Kramer B., Massie B., Loge (Riordan) D., Karliner J.: Two Dimensional Vs. M-Mode Echocardiography in Aortic Regurgitation. Circulation 1983.
Greenberg B., Massie B., Bristow JD., Cheitlin M., Cox D., Loge (Riordan) D., Broudy D., Kramer B., Krishnamurthy G., Thomas D.: Response to Submaximal and Maximal Exercise in Aortic Insufficiency. Clin Res.
Debra has a wealth of knowledge and experience she brings to each client. She is well trained and has taught many other practitioners. She is thoughtful and cares deeply about her work and connections to others. It is easy for me to refer clients to Debra as she puts their best interests first.